Overall objective: Improved employability of youth with complex disabilities (YWCD) in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania in line with SDG 1 (end poverty), SDG 4 (education and life-long opportunities) and SDG 8 (decent work).
Specific objective: 300 YWCD in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania are accessing the formal and informal labour market, after gaining quality, market driven and inclusive vocational training.
- 600 families of Youth with Complex disabilities (300 Parents, 300 siblings)
- 5 Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions
- 15 Ministry of Education Officials
- 45 Apprentice trainers and 50 Employers.
- Strengthened capacities of 5 public VET Centres in Kenya (2), Uganda (2) and Tanzania (1) to provide inclusive, quality and market responsive vocational training to YWCD.
- Increased enrolment and completion of VET for 300 YWCD in Kenya (140), Uganda (100) and Tanzania (60) with support from their families and communities
- Improved integration to formal and informal labour markets for 300 YWCD completing vocational training in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania through public-private partnerships.
- Increased understanding by Government officials in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda on providing inclusive, quality and sustainable vocational training to YWCD.