The tasks to be delivered shall encompass the following:
- To inform COTVET on international best practices in promoting gender parity and mainstreaming disability in the TVET sector, including the promotion of inclusive VET vis-à-vis the private sector
- To provide advice on how to contextualize international best practices to the Ghanaian case with the objective to achieve greater gender equality and inclusion of persons with disabilities
- hold initial interviews with selected COTVET staff and other relevant stakeholders and jointly define needs and desired outcomes regarding gender/disability mainstreaming
- organise and facilitate a workshop with representatives of COTVET and other stakeholders (e.g. TVET providers, employers association and other relevant private sector actors ) aiming at sharing international best practices and recommendations with the objective to achieve greater gender equality and inclusion of persons with disabilities in the TVET and the private sector.
- To develop a training manual on gender and disability mainstreaming for TVET Institutions
- facilitate a workshop with participants from COTVET, public and private TVET institutions and private sector to compile the knowledge of different players in the TVET system - to encourage COTVET staff, students and actors from the private sector involved in TVET to develop a common understanding of gender/disability mainstreaming while creating an environment where all participants are respected equally irrespective of gender/disability.
- support the gender/disability strategy of COTVET the manual shall also guide:
• how strategic partnership between different key stakeholder can be established • how to acknowledge and fill gaps in knowledge of gender/disability mainstream in TVET • how to Implement and advocate for gender/disability mainstreaming at operational level
- To train staff of COTVET, including TVET institutions on a gender and disability mainstreaming strategy in TVET
- deliver a workshop aiming at raising awareness and increasing in-house capacities but also for TVET institutions and relevant partner from the private sector to ensure the transition to the labour market
- introduce the training manual on gender and disability mainstreaming for TVET Institutions and how to use it for staff training. The goal is to ensure that TVET staff and students in TVET programmes develop the right understanding of gender to develop a gender/disability friendly environment