The overall objective of the action is to enhance socio-economic status of women, youths and vulnerable groups through vocational education and training (VET) for gainful employment and enterprise development by the end of 2021.
Specific objectives are:
- to improve the access to and quality of VET service provision for women, youths and vulnerable groups engaged in the informal sector of economy;
- to pilot new and innovative inclusive VET initiatives and tools; and (3) to promote linkages between labour market demand and supply.
Target groups: 300 young mothers, 200 youths from socially vulnerable backgrounds, 300 returnees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and 200 rural poor households, 20 officials of national line Ministries and Agencies, and 20 technical training providers (TTPs) and other private sector organisations.
- Improved access of 1,000 women, youths and vulnerable groups to quality VET services to match the demand for competent performing workers in agriculture, construction and hospitality sectors;
- Piloted innovative VET initiatives to improve competency, productivity and employability of the trained workforce;
- Sensitized technical training providers, private sector and state actors to develop linkages between labour market demand and supply in the agriculture, construction and hospitality sectors.